Can you lose weight with Keto? Firstly, what is Keto….
Short for ketogenic, the keto diet is a high-fat, low-carb, and moderate protein diet plan that attempts to rewrite the way your metabolism operates.
One of the hottest health trends of 2019, The diet has recently flourished in popularity due to its ability to help shed weight and its potential benefits for people suffering from diabetes, epilepsy and other ailments. It first came about in the 1920s and 30s, designed by doctors as a way of improving the health of those with various issues, however, has recently had a resurgence due to its significant health claims.
So what is The 28 Day Keto Challenge?
As with any diet movement, a wave of guides and products have popped up in the health marketplace, claiming to be the ultimate authority on all things Keto. We at Clean Green Mind have come across many of them, however, have been impressed by this brand new system that we’ve been trialing over the past month.
Called “The 28-Day Keto Challenge”, the program is essentially an introductory guide to encourage and assist you as you try Keto for yourself. Keto is a challenging diet to uphold full-time, and there is no reason for you to be doing it all year round. 28 days is a very decent amount of time to see and feel great results, and is also just over the 21 day mark which many psychologists say is the perfect timeline for someone to change or form a new habit.
What do we like about it?
As mentioned earlier, there is a lot of overly-complicated or incorrect information out there about the Keto Diet. One of the risks that people have when reading about if for free on the Internet, is that they can end up implementing unhealthy or even dangerous strategies into their eating habits.
What The 28-day Keto Challenge does very well, is that it simply and coherently tells you everything you need to know about Keto and then structures it within a program that is easy to follow and simple to implement. One of the criticisms of other Keto diets is that they expect you just to jump into it without working your way into it slowly, in a way that’s compatible with a modern lifestyle. This can often lead to failure, and make the person feel like they’ve done something wrong or just aren’t meant to lose weight.
What we like about this program is that there is a lot of emphasis on the beginning stages of starting a new diet and holding your hand so that you can’t fail.
Other great benefits include the number of support items you get for every type of challenge you’re expected to face. This includes tips to curb cravings and make meal plans, what to do if you ever come across “keto flu”, tips to stay on the keto diet, an educational look into macro nutrients, recipes (including desert), a bonus supplement guide, and a detailed 28-day meal plan.
What does it come with?
- Keto Basics: The introduction to the entire Keto movement including all the benefits and changes your body will experience, the basic principles behind it and even a shopping list which makes your food choices pretty simple.
- Tips for curbing cravings and eating on a keto meal plan: Your 28 day meal plan which includes recipes.
- Intermittent fasting: How intermittent fasting can be incorporated with keto to accelerate its benefits.
- Keto and friends – Dealing with social pressures: One of the trickiest aspect of any new diet is the lifestyle and social challenges you face. This sections gives you a toolkit to get past those little speed bumps easily.
- Dealing with the keto flu in a healthy way: Sometimes, the change of diet may force your body to react with various flu-like symptoms. Learn how to avoid or deal with this.
- Ketosis: The state your body will reach when on this diet. Learn everything you need to know.
- Looking into Macros: Protein, Carbs, Fats. Learn to understand what your food is doing in a simple, easy way.
What are the benefits?
- Weight loss: If you’ve struggled to lose weight in the past, the Keto Diet is an effective way of losing stubborn fat.
- Increased level of *good* cholesterol: Evidence suggests that keto assists with increasing levels of good cholesterol namely High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) which may decrease risks of heart disease.
- Reduced blood sugar and insulin levels: Keto and the reduction of carbohydrates assists with significantly lowering the levels of blood sugar and insulin in the blood.
- Reduction in blood pressure: Studies have shown that Keto and the weight loss associated with the diet may reduce your blood pressure.
- Easy to follow: This is a simple diet that is incredibly easy to follow and stick to, using foods that are vastly available everywhere.
- Great value: Considering the amount of books and information that are included in the program, this is the best value diet program we have come across.
We’ve come across quite a few Keto related guides and programs, the The 28-day Keto Challenge is certainly one of the best. It’s certainly the most comprehensive and seems to cover every challenge you might face. It will hold your hand in every step along the way and provide you with absolutely everything you need to keep the Keto diet around well after the 28 days are up.
Note this is a sponsored recommendation