There are a number of “detox teas” out there on the market, and some appear to make some fairly large claims. These can include extreme weight-loss. We’ve seen quite a few in our time, however, and whilst there are some that we certainly would not recommend, we were pleasantly surprised when we reviewed this newest product, Hot Skinny Tea.
What is Hot Skinny Tea?
According to their own branding, Hot Skinny Tea “is a specially-crafted tea blend that is breaking the rules of weight-loss and nutrition programs. This tea blend full of distinct flavors not only invigorates and detoxifies your body, but it may also help to lose weight.”
Like some of the other brands of weight loss tea out there on the market, Hot Skinny Tea is a blend of both herbal and natural tea ingredients, that when combined together and consumed regularly, will assist in flushing out bloating, and eventually fat. Depending on the ingredients, you may feel a significant decrease in bloating almost immediately, or it may occur over the course of taking the product.
One of the initial impressions we had when trying the tea was the taste. It had a natural sweetness to it which, to be honest, was actually really great. As far as herbal and detox teas go, many can actually taste quite awful but this is certainly a blend that you could drink without any of the promoted benefits and still enjoy.
A quick look at the ingredients below:
- Garcinia Cambogia extract, sourced from a tree native to India and Southeast Asia, has the potential to act as a fat blocker due to its accumulation of hydroxycitric acid. It can block enzymes that produce body fat, raise serotonin for better moods, and may even suppress appetite.
- Lemon grass is the quintessential cleanser that gets rid of body toxins and balances body processes such as liver function.
- Sencha green tea can clear your skin, increase energy levels, and even kill oral bacteria.
- Lotus leaf, a.k.a. the blood tonic, not only regulates blood pressure but can also help increase iron-carrying capacity and moisturize the skin.
- Chamomile works wonders for stomach discomfort and can also relieve stress and insomnia.
- Senna leaf, a natural laxative from North Africa, can soothe inflammatory complaints like hemorrhoids or irritable bowel syndrome, thereby assisting in more efficient removal of toxins and wastes. This boosts metabolism and may help in getting rid of unwanted body fat.
- Fennel helps with inconveniences like diarrhea, bloating, and menstrual aches.
- Pu-erh leaf, a plant from Southwestern China, improves mental health and also cleanses your body of toxins.
- Stevia is a zero-calorie natural sweetener.
Hot Skinny Tea is designed and branded by personal trainer and nutrition expert Kimberly Clark who has been on the seen for a number of years and has a good reputation in the field.
What we liked about it:
As mentioned earlier, the taste was rather pleasant. Over the 14 day program we undertook, we never felt sick of drinking it, or that it was some sort of a chore. This can be contributed to Kimberly Clark’s blend, but also the quality of the ingredients, which we understand are all 100% made and assembled in the United States. Many of the other products that sit in this field tend to come from China and (from our experience) are a lot worse in quality.
Using Hot Skinny Tea is quite easy. You just need to add 1 tablespoon of the tea blend into hot water, let it steep for 2-3 minutes, and drink it 1-2 times a day.
In terms of weight loss, Hot Skinny Tea is certainly effective in helping with the stripping back of stubborn bloating, something that we all experienced within the first few days of the trial. Just drinking the tea twice a day should show visible results.
However, what this product does which again sets it apart from the rest, is that it provides you with an accompanying diet, exercise program, and even the option of private coaching so that you really can accelerate your results, depending on what you are after. Whilst most diet teas make outrageous claims, and then leave you to do it all yourself, we were really impressed by the level of support given by the program. If followed, there’s no reason by sustainable and healthy weight loss cannot be achieved.
What to be mindful of:
As senna is a natural laxative, it’s important not to take Hot Skinny Tea or any detox tea for that matter for more than a couple of weeks at a time. In fact, considering the results we had, it’s not something you would need to or want to do either for an extended period of time. Your digestive system is a complex set of bacteria that doesn’t like to be disrupted more than it needs to be. Consider the product a top up to your weight loss journey, and something you can tap into whenever you feel you need it.
Also good to avoid when on birth-control pills as laxatives can compromise their effectiveness.
We were pleasantly surprised by the taste and also effectiveness of Hot Skinny Tea, and think that it is a great product. With quality made-in-USA ingredients, this is certainly a great tool in in your weight loss tool-kit.